Thought I would update quickly even though I'm EXTREMELY tired and not feeling too hot...but I know there are probably people tuning in just to hear how today went, so here I go...
Rob and I headed to MN yesterday and arrived at our hotel around 6:30pm. We found our way from the hotel to the clinic, then we grabbed dinner and went to sleep. This morning we collected Rob's "sample" at 7:50am and made it to the clinic by 8:00am even though we didn't need to be there till 8:20am. We dropped off his "sample" and then headed back to the surgery prep room. I put on the pretty gown, got connected to my IV and signed off on my anesthesia. Rob and I were then ushered to the OR. Rob got to sit through the procedure. I met the woman from the Endocrinolgy lab and she told me she'd be counting out the number of eggs as they found them. Dr. Stassart came in and very shortly after that I faded into lah lah land and don't recall anything until I woke up in recovery.
As I groggily came to, I was told they were able to get TWENTY TWO eggs. Yay! That is a good number. All my worries about nothing happening today were gone. Now, not all 22 will fertilize and/or grow, but at least we have pretty good chances.
Before leaving I was given several instructions on how to take my meds - LOTS OF MEDS - from now until transfer. At least no more injections! Wahoo! I also was given instrutions for OHSS which I am at risk for with having 22 eggs. I have to drink lots of fluids, sleep elevated tonight, and take my special meds. I also have to have follow-up check-ups next week at FVRM to make sure I'm treating this properly. Hoping the condition doesn't worsen - that I can fend it off with my instructions.
On Saturday we are to call the clinic to find out when our transfer will be. Dr. Stassart told Rob he is thinking it will be a day 5 transfer.
Hoping right now our little embryos are growing away over in MN. Looking forward to feeling better in the days to come and to getting to the miracle of transfer. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment