Tonight I am to give myself my HCG trigger shot at precisely 9:30pm. I am scheduled for Egg Retrieval at 9:30am on Thursday in MN. We need to arrive at 8:20am at the clinic. Rob and I will head out to MN tomorrow afternoon and stay in a hotel tomorrow night.
I was informed today that I need to start taking another medication tonight at bedtime to prevent Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome - so that is a tad scary, but, as my friend Jessie reminded me, I'm in good hands with these expert doctors. I will take the meds and keep drinking the Gatorade as they've recommended.
We are at this point because our u/s today showed all of our follicles had grown. We are going to have A LOT to pick from at E/R. I just hope we have quality along with quantity, but my nurse seemed to not have any doubts about that. :)
I am VERY excited - and wishing retrieval was tomorrow rather than Thursday. :) Can't wait to see how the next couple days turn out.
I have to also give a shout out to my sister-in-law Ann, who is always looking out for us. She had some wisdom to share with me today via email, and while I will keep the contents of our conversation confidential, it has got me thinking. Good things are about to come. :)
I will try to write again after retrieval when I'm feeling up to it. Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming!
PS - Alana - if you're reading this - I don't know if we can make dinner work. We will get into town later tomorrow (around 8pm?) and will probably be tired...plus with my HUGE ovaries I don't know what I'll be up for. I think we're staying at the Hampton in Woodbury, 3 minutes from our clinic. Have Troy call Rob if you think we can meet up.
No comments:
Post a Comment