Saturday, September 22, 2012

Transfer

The word "Transfer" has been a part of my everyday vocabulary since 4/10/2000 when I was first hired at N&M Transfer.  Transfer is a beautiful word.  Getting things from Point A to Point B, on time, and undamaged.  That is what will be happening to me tomorrow!  We received word today that our transfer will be tomorrow, Sunday, Day 3, at 11:45am. 

I went back and re-read my friend's blog.  She was in the same scenario as us.  Retrieval on a Thursday, Transfer on a Sunday...reading her feelings in her blog resonates with me so much! 

First of all, I am SO excited.  Tomorrow at 11:45am, I will basically be "PUPO" as my friend Jaime's blog fondly reminded me of - Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise.  On top of excitement however I do have nerves.  They called to tell us of our appt., but basically it was just a recording telling us what time to arrive and what instructions to follow.  I was a little surprised that it is tomorrow already since Dr. Stassart and our nurse both somewhat thought it would be a Day 5 Transfer (Tuesday).  I was kind of gearing up for Day 5, and the thought process behind it was because we had so many oocytes that they'd let them grow as long as possible and try to get them to Day 5 Blastocysts...now that they are going to be day 3 transfers, I worry that they didn't fertilize well, or that they aren't surviving well.  The clinic doesn't give you any details until we arrive there tomorrow.  They will then go over our embryologist results to show us how many of our eggs fertilized and how many may survive to be frozen.  BUT we must have enough to at least get to transfer tomorrow, so that is exciting.  The best place for them to grow is inside of me, not in some petri dish in a lab, so I know my doctor and embryologist are doing what is right for me and our embabies.  Lots of women have babies with Day 3 transfers!  I don't think they give you any details now in order to relieve stress and prevent worry.  That isn't working 100% on me, but I know I need to trust them, it is out of my hands and my control.  I also, as of late, know that I need to trust God, too, and that feels good, it takes some weight off my shoulders.  I'm grateful that the recent talks with some family and friends pointed some of those things out to me.  The prayers we have coming our way are amazing - and Rob and I can really feel the love.

I will be able to blog again after our appointment to let everyone know how things went.  Until then, keep those prayers coming - we really appreciate it!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment