Well, it can't get more lucky than this...or can it? Our retrieval is scheduled for Friday, the 13th. We had an ultrasound this morning that showed those little follicles growing like mad! I winced as she moved the ultrasound wand around...there's not much room in there so it's pretty tender right now - 2 more days!
My nurse called this afternoon and gave us our final instructions. I have to start taking a med tonight to help with my OHSS symptoms, and I have to do my HCG trigger shot precisely at 11pm. 11pm! That is late! I'm usually asleep for 2 hours by that time. Hmmm...better set quadruple alarms to make sure we get up to do that shot since I know we're not staying awake that late! Tomorrow I have to do another blood draw at 6:30am. I don't remember that happening last time. I wonder what that is all about. Are they worried about something? Plus, my trigger shot tonight is only 5,000 units, not 10,000 HCG...so who knows. Hopefully we get some good eggs on Friday.
Our appointment for Rob is at 9:40am Friday morning. We will travel tomorrow night and stay at our home away from home - the Country Inn and Suites of Woodbury. We thought about just driving there Friday morning - EARLY - but then what if there's a car accident, or a break down....retrieval is extremely time sensitive so I'm not willing to chance it. We will be hoteling it up tomorrow night. Rob does his thing then at 9:40am, and then our retrieval is scheduled for 11am. Then we'll get to drive on home.
I'm looking forward to having this part behind us. All the meds and sore ovaries are a lot to manage. The 2 week wait is murder, but at least then I don't have to shoot myself up!
That's about it for now. I will post more hopefully on Friday. Please pray for us or keep us in your thoughts - hoping for a good number of healthy eggs to fertilize! This is our last chance!
No comments:
Post a Comment